Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gobsmacked

No. 1 in a series on The Cabbage...

Spectacular sunsets on the 11th largest freshwater lake on Earth
I was gobsmacked when I found out Winnipeggers had such a well-entrenched lake culture. Usually, somebody mentions cottage country and well-marketed images of Ontario come to mind. But Manitoba? The prairies? 

Well, surprise! Humble little Manitoba is home to Lake Winnipeg: the 6th largest lake in Canada and 11th largest freshwater lake on Earth. Indeed, I expected to be landlocked when I moved away from the Pacific Ocean. Little did I know at the time that I'd be inheriting my very own inland ocean and eventually succumbing to the siren song of Manitoba Cottage Country.

1 comment:

Susan P said...

I love Olivebits and have added to my daily reading. No pressure or anything to keep up the regular posts!

And I love cabbage, but what does that have to do with the cottage? I can't wait to read!